A recent report by IHS Global Insight for the International Franchise Association Educational Foundation predicts modest growth for franchise businesses in 2012, in areas such as number of establishments, employment, output and contributions to U.S. gross domestic product (GDP). This comes after three years of restrained growth due to the recession.
The outlook for growth differs among industries with personal services franchises expected to be a leader at 6.2 percent output growth. Overall, franchise business jobs are projected to grow 2.1 percent, with an increase of 168,000 jobs.
Here at FirstLight, we have a very positive outlook on 2012’s forecast based on 2011 achievements and we’re looking forward to another successful year. Over the past 18 months, we have achieved the following:
– 32 new owners
– Serving or opening soon in 57 markets
– Spanning 17 states
– Serving over 475 families and clients
– Creation of over 520 new jobs
– Fulfilled over 16,000 shifts of care
– Providing over 94,000 hours of care
– Earned client satisfaction ratings (from outside company) at or exceeding Top 100 HomeCare Companies benchmark in the U.S. for our entire network
– Growth increasing now adding 3-4 new markets each month
To review the full IHS Global Insight report, summary factsheet, and the Business Leader Survey click here.
Best wishes for a Happy New Year!