FirstLight Home Care team members are proud to be able to serve and care for our men and women Veterans. We work hard to deliver care that is tailored to the servicemen and women that have fought for our freedom. We provide services that can be covered through a Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) pension program that provides financial benefits to veterans, or their surviving spouses, with non-service connected disabilities (called “Aid and Attendance). FirstLight Home Care caregivers can come into your home or a home of a Veteran family member and create a safe and supportive environment for you by providing vital personal care or companion care services.
In fact, Aid & Attendance can help pay for care in the home, a Nursing Home or an Assisted Living facility. A veteran can be eligible for up to $1,758/month and a surviving spouse can be eligible for up to $1,130/month. Our caregivers can help with:
- Transportation to doctors and physical therapy appointments.
- Support in-home care and mobility around the home.
- Companion care services including personal care, meal preparation, light housekeeping and laundry services.
- Shopping, errands and recreational activities.
We have years of experience working through the governments red tape to apply for benefits and at FirstLight Home Care, we can help you with the paperwork. Some of the benefits of working with us include:
- We prescreen clients for Aid & Attendance eligibility.
- If you are eligible, we complete the VA benefit application and assist in the collection and processing of government and medical documents.
- Once approved, we’ll continue to advocate and assist in maintaining eligibility.
- Rather than waiting the 8 to 12 months for the first government check to arrive, we make the VA pension funds available right away. Please speak to a local FirstLight Home Care for additional details and their specific process for working with you and the VA.
At FirstLight Home Care, we consider it a privilege to recognize the sacrifices veterans have made and are honored to have an opportunity to make a difference in their lives and the lives of their loved ones. Our home caregivers can assist in eating, bathing, dressing, undressing, medication dosing, taking care of the needs of nature and more. Don’t struggle … we can provide you with exceptional care and you never have to leave the comfort of your home!