If you are like most baby boomers, on any given day, you are trying to squeeze in raising your children, managing your career and taking care of your aging parents. This can be very stressful and hectic as you try and meet all your time commitments. Add in the pace of the holiday season, and it’s no wonder that your blood pressure could be skyrocketing!
Maybe you’d like to go away over the holidays, but you have no one reliable to watch your aging parents. Or maybe you’d just like a couple of hours off a week to get your baking and shopping done.
No problem! At FirstLight Home Care, we offer an in home service called respite care, designed specifically to give you a break. Our caregivers come into your parents’ home on a temporary basis and make sure that your loved one is well taken care of and safe. If you’re going on a vacation, we can provide 24/7 care. If you just need a couple of hours/day, we can do that too. Just give us a call; we’ll be happy to work with your schedule.
FirstLight Home Care provides the following types of respite care services:
- Companion care services such as light housekeeping, medication reminders, meal preparation, errands, transportation and recreational activities such as playing cards or going on an outing.
- Personal care services such as bathing, dressing, feeding, walking, mobility assistance, eating assistance, toileting and more.
- Alzheimer’s or dementia care services if your parents have dementia so you can keep them on a familiar routine.
Additionally, if your loved one lives long distance away, maybe you’d like to fly him/her to you but you know they can’t handle the rigors of the airport and security on their own. Once again, FirstLight Home Care is here to help. We can arrange for a travel companion, a caregiver who handles all the details, ensuring stress-free travel for your loved ones.
Our travel companion services include:
- Assistance with airport check-in and ticketing
- Carrying luggage
- Assistance with getting through security or customs
- Assistance with ground transportation
Ready for a much needed break? Give yourself some time off so you, too, can enjoy the holidays. Think of it as a present for yourself! Call FirstLight Home Care of Sun City and arrange in home caregiving services today before you become overwhelmed by the pace of the holidays.
Santa said you should!