Keep your bones healthy by eating right, exercise, keeping tabs of your T-Score, don’t smoke and limit your intake of alcohol and meats. But don’t forget to check your home and make sure you have your home safe to help you avoid accidents that could lead to a fall. Here are some simple do-it-yourself (DIY) fixes can reduce your risk of falls in your home:
- Secure rugs so they won’t slip
- Remove clutter from walkways
- Install night lights in hallways
- Use a no-skid rubber mat in the bathtub
- Install a grab bar in the shower
- Make sure your slippers have rubber soles
If you have a questions about bone/strength help, send a private message to our own #NurseGina. Click here to ask.