Mother’s Day is Sunday, May 10, 2015. To celebrate the day, FirstLight Home Care pulled together some wonderful ways to celebrate and honor your mom.
1. Write Her A Letter. Yes, we’re saying go “old school”. The art of letter writing is dying and we want to revive it. Find a great card, sit down and memorialize what you love about your mom. Mail it to her and it will be a surprise in her mailbox when it is delivered.
2. Take A Stroll. Spring has sprung and if you both can, take a stroll. Head out to a local park or garden and enjoy the outdoors. People watch, visit, or just spend a quiet moment together. Afterwards, grab a coffee or lunch.
3. Plant An Indoor Flower Arrangement. Pick up your mom’s favorite flowers, or herbs, potting soil, and two pots. We recommend two so that you both can have one and after the plants are potted you both can take one and have something wonderful to look at when you’re not together.
4. Cook Her Dinner – All Week. Pull your favorite recipes and make 4 or 5 meals to help her with lunch and dinners throughout the week. Check out our blog post on simple meal planning to get ideas and tips to simplify the meal time.
5. Get Creative. For the mom with a creative spirit, sign up both of you for a painting or art class. There are many fun organizations (like Canvas and Cocktails) that offer entertaining day and evening painting classes. Whether you are artistic or not, the helpful instructors and the positive painting environment make it a fun mom-date time.
From all of us at FirstLight Home Care, Happy Mother’s Day!