If you’ve still have holiday shopping to do and a few people on your list that are difficult to buy for, don’t panic, we’ve put together a list of some great gifts ideas that might surprise the person who has everything.
- Tech-savvy gifts. If your parents enjoy technology, some electronic gift ideas include an e-reader loaded with a few good books. Or the iRobot Vacuum that cleans your floors every day with a push of a button. And finally, the Photo Cube – iPhone photo printer. This is a perfect gift for your parents who love to take photos of their kids (and grandkids) on their Smartphone but don’t have time to order prints.
- Dinner delivery service. Check out HelloFresh.com and purchase a month (or more) of meals delivered to their home. These fresh ingredients and healthy recipes will arrive at their doorstep each week.
- Year subscription to something they use, love, or enjoy. Living on a limited income may mean that they have to cut corners on things they enjoy. Giving them a year-long subscription to their local newspaper, or cable television, will help them throughout the year. Pay for lawn care or a cleaning service to help them with tasks that are becoming more difficult to do. Or, pay for their gym membership or quarterly wine club.
- Personal Coupon Book. If you live near your parents, give them the gift of you. Create a personal coupon book with coupons (5 to 12 activities) you can do together. Customize offers specific to what the person would enjoy – a free dinner out, an afternoon at the movies, or a day trip to the museum to view the latest exhibit. Keep the spirit of the season alive all year long. Both of you will appreciate this gift.
- Help at Home. Give your aging parents the gift of caring. A FirstLight Home Care Gift Certificate offers complete companion and personal care services for seniors, new mothers, those recovering from surgery, or anyone who just needs a little assistance.
Whatever you give this holiday season, giving the gift of being present is the best gift of all. Make a point to spend time with the ones you love. Put down your Smartphone and other electronic devices and be there to celebrate the holidays. Need more ideas? Check out our Facebook page where each week of December we’ll post other gift ideas for those in your life who already have everything!