Research shows that the key to lifelong good health is more than just eating right. It also includes how you think, exercise, sleep, and engage with others. We asked “Just Ask FirstLight” about their thoughts on a number of life issues, here’s what they had to say:
- Think Positive. Your body believes what you think, so focus on the positive. When you think positive it will help you to build a healthier immune system and boost your overall health.
- Exercise. Daily physical exercise can help you reduce stress, improve your blood pressure, lower your cholesterol, and help you look and feel better (see point #1). Before you start any new workout program, check with your doctor to make sure it is the right program for you.
- Eat Your Veggies. Your goal should be to get five servings of vegetables a day – raw, steamed or stir-fried. They are a great source of vitamins, they are low in calories, and they have amazing digestive benefits.
- Sleep. Get a good night’s sleep every day. Sleep will help you recharge. If you have trouble sleeping you should find relaxation techniques, such as meditation, that will help you reduce stress and support rest. Turn off all your electronic devices one hour before you go to bed. This will help you disconnect and lessen your anxiety prior to sleep.
- Hang With Healthy People. Do a quick inventory of the friends and family members you engage with each week. These personal relationships will influence your health so it is very important that you surround yourself with people who are positive, happy, and focused on living a content life.