Traditional Thanksgiving Day gatherings will look different this year, but it does not mean we can’t celebrate the day by showing our thanks and gratitude to the people around us.
When you stop and think about it, we do have a lot to be grateful for:
- We give thanks to the amazing doctors, nurses, and frontline personnel who have been working tirelessly to care for those with COVID-19.
- We give thanks to all the people who work in essential services. The men and women who continue to stock the shelves, deliver the mail, fill our prescriptions, pick up our trash, care for the elderly, and keep our country safe.
- We give thanks to the parents who have stepped in and up to become the teacher, the guidance counselor, the principal and so much more to help further their child’s education.
- We give thanks to the small businesses that have reinvented themselves and taken good care of their customers. We pray they will come out of this stronger and better.
- We give thanks to the local restaurants that have had to pivot into a new era of curbside, delivery, and contactless meal options.
- We give thanks to Zoom and the other video services that allow us to stay connected with family, friends, co-workers, and clients.
- We give thanks to Netflix and the other streaming services that have allowed us to binge-watch our way through these last several months.
- We give thanks to all the companies that have permitted people to work from home.
- We give thanks to you, the family caregiver, for getting up every day and doing the best you can regardless of what you are facing.
- We give thanks to the amazing caregivers that are part of our FirstLight Home Care family. Their hard work and dedication to families across the United States is the essence of who we are. They are an extraordinary example of our Culture of Care.
On this day of Thanksgiving, we encourage everyone to reach out to family and friends who cannot join you at the Thanksgiving table and take a moment to show your love and gratitude.
From all of us at FirstLight Home Care, we are thankful for you and wish you a Happy Thanksgiving.