If you’ve ever considered a second career, now may be an ideal time to learn more about the career opportunities that are available in professional caregiving.
Many adults who retire from their long-term jobs decide to embark on a second-act career. Caregiving as a second career can be extremely rewarding for individuals from all walks of life and diverse backgrounds.
There is no denying the many rewards of caregiving
- It’s fulfilling work
- It provides the opportunity to build meaningful relationships
- You’ll make an impact on the lives of people who need extra support
- It offers flexible schedules
- You don’t need formal caregiving experience
- You’ll bring joy to others
As a care professional with FirstLight Home Care, you get to do something that makes a difference in someone’s life. Our professional caregivers provide safety, comfort and companionship for the elderly and other adults who need support. But we do more than make a meal or help with mobility. We establish meaningful relationships built on trust and respect.
Why you’ll love working for us
- We have a caregivers-first mentality. Caregivers are the heart and soul of our company, and we do what it takes to show appreciation and recognition for their hard work.
- Ongoing support. Our local teams are very involved in the day-to-day of our clients and caregivers. We will be there to offer support any time, day or night.
- Communication is our priority.
- Caregiver training. Comprehensive training is provided in advance, and we’ll match our caregivers with care recipients with which they are compatible.
- Flexible working hours and time off.
- Ongoing education opportunities. We offer a variety of free learning, development and recertification opportunities.
- Fair, competitive pay.
Why you’ll be a great fit as a caregiver
- You are service-minded with a desire to help others have their best day
- It’s your nature to be empathetic, kind and trustworthy
- You are a good listener with excellent communication skills
- Happiness, laughter and having fun are important to you
Caregiving is becoming a more common career choice for people looking for a second career or those who simply want to make a job change. We have seen that the following people make great caregivers:
- Senior citizens
- Those who have retired from a long-term career
- Someone with experience in customer service
- Former restaurant employees
- Military veterans
FirstLight Home Care hires Caregivers, Home Health Aides, CNAs, Care Coordinators, Companion Care and Personal Care Assistants who have integrity, a great capacity for compassion and empathy, and who value a rewarding career. We look for individuals who can help make everyday activities easier for our clients, and who have a genuine desire to enrich the lives of others and make the world a better place!
If caring is your calling and you’re interested in a career with FirstLight Home Care, find open positions with one of our local offices.