COVID-19 Response and Resources
We are grateful for the opportunity to support and provide care to our clients, families and caregivers.
The health, safety and well-being of all those we serve are always top priorities for us. As we continue to navigate through the pandemic, our goal is to provide you with timely, relevant information, updates and advice from reliable sources you can trust.
In addition to the steps outlined below:
- We created a COVID-19 Risk Assessment Tool that all caregivers are required to fill out every week, or daily if there’s a change in their status. The Tool has screening questions for symptoms (updated based on CDC’s evolving guidelines), recent travel history and degree of contact. This is also mandatory for all prospective clients and employees.
- Rest assured, we have strict procedures to restrict the work of caregivers who are suspected or confirmed with COVID-19. We welcome you to read these COVID-19 Caregiver Protocols and contact our office at 781-874-9901 with any questions.
- To reduce exposure, we’ve also changed schedules to minimize the number of clients that a caregiver visits.
In a recent interview, Girish Lahoty, CEO & Owner, shared the enhanced precautions and measures that FirstLight has proactively taken to ensure the safety of our employees and clients, and to continue providing quality service during the pandemic. Click here to hear this 30-minute Podcast Interview.
For helpful tips and family caregiver support, read the latest articles from our FirstLight Care Blog:
- What to Know About COVID Vaccination
- Ways to Keep Seniors Active and Engaged
- Tips for Managing Stress During a Pandemic
- Ways to Help Elderly Adults Stay Happy at Home
- Preventing Senior Isolation
- How to Balance Work with Caring for an Elderly Parent
- Home Care Could be an Alternative to Assisted Living
For timely topics and current updates on the pandemic, visit these resources from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
- Things to Know About the COVID-19 Pandemic
- COVID-19 Vaccine Information
- Variants of the Virus that Causes COVID-19
- Daily Activities and Going Out
- Travel During COVID-19
- Stress and Coping
- Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any questions, please contact us here. We take great pride in our team and are committed to assisting you every step of the way. We are grateful for the opportunity to serve you.
Thank you for placing your trust in FirstLight Home Care.
Girish and Shalini Lahoty