FirstLight is About People
Home Care is Not a Career, It’s a Calling
We know your first priority when choosing a home care provider is finding someone you can trust and rely on… someone who will care for your loved one as you would, and as we would our own. We’ve been where you are, and this is one of the main reasons we chose to be in this business.
Jaye Firmature McCoy, Owner-Operations and Client Care – Born and raised in Omaha, Jaye has a passion for serving others. Jaye’s business experience comes from the Firmature Family Restaurants and 25 years of ownership of Diamond Laundry Service serving 120 healthcare accounts in the Metro area. Jaye took care of her own aging parents and understands the challenges and needs of today’s aging population and their family caregiver’s. Jaye and the FirstLight Home Care team are deeply committed to making sure their clients get the best care from exceptional caregivers. Her satisfaction comes from knowing she is making a difference in someone’s life by providing quality caregivers to families in the Greater Omaha area. “FirstLight Home Care has provided me with the incredible opportunity to reach out not only to our clients but also to the larger community. It is a great gift to own a business that feels like a ministry.”
Tracy Connor, Client Care Coordinator – Tracy has been employed in the health care staffing industry since 2003. She cared for her husband with heart and kidney disease over many years. She personally understands the difficulty of keeping loved ones safe and cared for in their homes. Her business knowledge and staffing experience is a proven foundation for assessing our clients and implementing FirstLight’s special brand of client care. “Building trusted relationships and providing outstanding communication is the keystone to providing exceptional care. I am truly blessed by the privilege of making a difference in the lives of FirstLight Home Care clients and their families.”
Christy Culver, Scheduler/Human Resources – Christy has worked in home health since 2013, both as a scheduler and caregiver. She intuitively understands the needs of our clients and is able to select the right caregiver to complement the unique needs of each person. Christy is a master at multi-tasking and always strives for exceptional care. “Our clients and our caregivers are my top priority. I have found great joy in providing the perfect match.”
Carol Smith-Marketing/Business Development Director – Carol has had a long and very successful career in marketing and project management in both the Kansas City and Omaha areas. She effortlessly builds relationships with those she meets with her positive, enthusiastic and professional attitude. Carol took care of both of her parents for seven years and in doing so developed a true passion for the advocacy and care of older adults, especially those with Dementia. She has attended numerous seminars and support groups on Family Care giving and Dementia including one with the internationally known dementia expert, Teepa Snow. “I am thrilled with the opportunity to combine my professional experience with my passion for our elders. It’s a dream come true.”
What Makes Our Omaha In-Home Care Different?
- All of our caregivers are direct employees (not contractors) – state licensed where required and thoroughly screened with a corresponding background-check – and must pass through our rigorous in-home care training.
- We are a fully compliant home healthcare agency regarding the privacy of every client’s personal health data, with caregivers trained in privacy issues.
- Following our thorough recruitment and home care training, all of our employees must go through our unique Culture of Care training and orientation process.
Providing the Best Home Care, Senior Care and Elderly Care in Omaha
You and your family are special, so it takes a special kind of person to be an Omaha FirstLight Home Care caregiver. Compassionate, caring, sincere, experienced, and attentive: these are just some the qualities we insist that our home companions possess. We care about the quality of our at-home caregivers because you care enough to invite us into your home—into your life—allowing us to share in all the ups, downs, and joyful moments that make your family unique. And that’s a trust we don’t take lightly. Ever.
Most people prefer to stay in their home, among familiar and comfortable surroundings. That’s why we provide home care services wherever home is – a nursing home, assisted living facility, retirement community or hospice. Providing first-class personal service to help you or a loved one maintain independence and quality of life is always our utmost priority.
Meet FirstLight Home Care’s Caregivers of the Year 2016:
Meet Maria Wichmann of Omaha, NE – FirstLight Home Care’s Caregiver of the Year 2011:
Our Core Values & Home Care Commitments
Our Culture of Care Promise
At FirstLight Home Care of Omaha, a leading home care agency, the genuine health and well-being of others is our greatest concern. We vow to provide first-class personal service for our clients so that they may enjoy warmth, independence and relaxed comfort in their own home or any setting.
FirstLight Home Care is built on a solid foundation of core values and dedication to client happiness, peace of mind, and quality of life that supports our Culture of Care—our commitment to service excellence, personal growth, and accountability.
The Caregiver Bond
At FirstLight Home Care of Omaha, our extraordinary caregivers are the most significant members of our team in delivering our service commitment to others. By embracing each day with values of trust, honesty, respect, integrity and dedication, we cultivate our relationships to the benefit of each caregiver and the entire organization as a whole. FirstLight promotes a caregiving atmosphere where diversity is respected, quality of life is valued, personal ambitions are attained, and the FirstLight Culture of Care is emboldened.
Service Excellence: We are FirstLight Home Care of Omaha
We foster healthy relationships for life.
- We are always receptive and anticipate the needs of others.
- We are empowered to create a unique, healthy, and comfortable environment.
- We recognize and appreciate serving our clients with an unparalleled level of home care, while enriching lives, enhancing community relations and spreading the FirstLight Culture of Care.
- We continually seek to innovate and strengthen the FirstLight Culture of Care.
- We believe that every service challenge presents an opportunity for us to immediately own and resolve that challenge to our client’s satisfaction; and that such challenges present opportunities for us to improve FirstLight Home Care’s caregiving service.
- We foster teamwork and collaboration so that we may exceed the expectations of every client and team member.
- We constantly strive to learn and grow.
- We are proud of our FirstLight Home Care image, exemplified through our professional appearance and demeanor.
- We care for and protect the confidentiality and safety of others.
- We are responsible for uncompromising standards of home care and personal attention, and we are committed to maintaining a safe environment.