A Personalized Approach to Memory Care
For Any Stage of Dementia, Including Alzheimer’s Disease
FirstLight Home Care of Overland Park and Greater Kansas City has partnered with industry leading training programs to develop, implement and manage care plans for elderly care to assist with General Dementia, Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s Disease. The goal of these programs are to help clients with these conditions better cope with the anxiety, depression, isolation, and confusion that accompany’s them. Dementia is extremely complex and symptoms vary from person to person, so our Dementia Care Program is designed with the individual needs at the core. This starts with taking time to properly evaluate specific needs, conditions and behaviors so that we can develop and implement a successful care plan possible.
Our Approach to Memory Care
Caring for those with dementia is challenging unless you are equipped with specialized training and tools to effectively assist those dealing with the disease. FirstLight® Home Care of Overland Park and Greater Kansas City provides a comprehensive memory care training plan for its team members to ensure the services provided to dementia clients are as unique as the individuals they were designed for. Our personalized and engaging approach was created to help people affected by dementia live their lives with purpose.
FirstLight’s Personalized Memory Care Program Approach includes:
• Our Memory Care Trainers are Certified Dementia Practitioners® All have successfully completed the coursework required for certification by the National Council of Certified Dementia Practitioners.
• Our Caregivers complete The Positive Approach® to Care (PAC) “Art of Caregiving” Training Program, a critically acclaimed international dementia training curriculum designed to guide and improve care of those with neurocognitive degeneration.
• We assess and develop Individual Care Plans tailored to each clients physical, mental and emotional need, reviewed and approved by a Certified Personal Care and Home Care Professional ™
• Families have access our password protected Family Care Portal, which provides information for each shift including caregivers, caregiver notes, activities and client well-being.
• We are with you every step of the way through our 7 Touch Points® of Service. 1)The Initial Conversation, 2)The In Home Visit, and Development of the Care Plan 3) The Introduction of the Caregiver, 4) Check in After The First Visit, 5) Check in after The First Week, 6) Monthly Check ins 7)Quarterly In Home Visits from a Care Coordinator.
Contact us below for more information on how FirstLight Home Care of Overland Park’s Dementia Program can make a difference in your loved one’s care.