Senior Care & Dementia Care Resources
When we talk about home care, we not only mean senior care or elderly care, but anyone 18 years or older who needs care at home. Whether you’re a new mom, need post surgical care, or care for a chronic condition, FirstLight Home Care can provide short or long term care in the comfort of your home.
See below for insightful and informative news, downloadable articles, and helpful websites about in home care. Also, be sure to check out our “Just Ask FirstLight” service. It’s our way of making sure you don’t have to navigate the challenges of caring for a loved one alone.
Articles, Studies, & White Papers
- — Are Your Aging Parents Safe In Their Home? (PDF)
- — In Home Dementia Care (PDF)
- — Thinking About Senior Care For Your Aging Parents? (PDF)
- — Why Seniors Want to Age in Place (PDF)
- — Respite Care For Your Parents Over the Holidays (PDF)
- — Give The Gift of Caring to Seniors (PDF)
- — Senior Care Means More Freedom For You (PDF)
- — Why Your Aging Parents Need The Flu Shot (PDF)
- — Help Your Aging Parents Declutter or Downsize! (PDF)
- — FirstLight Home Care Prevents Caregiver Burnout (PDF)
- — Home Care Costs Are Affordable (PDF)
- — Long Distance Caregiving Tips From Our Caregivers (PDF)
- — Senior Care For Your Mom (PDF)
- — Western Maine Home Care Provides Peace of Mind (PDF)
- — Non Medical Home Care vs. Medical Home Care (PDF)
- — Fall Prevention (PDF)
- — Maine Alzheimer’s Association
- — Eldercare Locator, a public service of the U.S. Administration on Aging
- — Patrick Dempsey Center for Cancer Hope & Healing
- — Maine Ombudsman
- — Find Out About Maine Medicare
- — Free Maine Legal Services
- — Maine Elder Independence
- — Seniors Plus
- — Maine Senior Guide
- — Spectrum Generations
- — Maine Elder Services
Be sure to check back often as we update with new information periodically.
If you would like to become a Caregiver of our local Western Maine team please click here to learn more about employment opportunities. Thank your for your interest.