As we have for the last five years, FirstLight Home Care — South Sound will continue to provide quality home care services to support families in our community.
As we manage the impact of the Coronavirus/COVID-19 virus, the FirstLight team is actively taking the measures necessary to ensure the safety, health and well-being of our clients, our staff and their families. Our mission is to care for the elderly and those with compromised immune systems in our community, so we have always utilized infection control and Standard Precautions every day as standard operating procedures. In light of the COVID-19 virus, we are adding additional precautions recommended by the Centers of Disease Control (CDC), local, state and federal health agencies.
Here are the steps FirstLight Home Care — South Sound is taking at this time:
- As a standard practice, we have an infection control plan in place that we will continue to follow. As this situation evolves, we will update it accordingly.
- All FirstLight caregivers follow established protocols regarding staying home when sick. This practice is not new to our staff. Caregivers will notify the office immediately if they have a fever, cough and/or shortness of breath.
- All FirstLight caregivers will take their temperature every day and report to us any abnormalities.
- All FirstLight caregivers practice strict infection control practices, including washing their hands as soon as they arrive at the client’s home. They wash their hands before and after every contact with a client, and before and after using gloves. This practice is not new to our staff.
- Communication with caregivers and clients to assess any known risk factors, such as travel to areas with widespread outbreaks or local contact in areas known to have reported cases, are ongoing.
- For clients we serve who reside in facilities or other group-type living situations, we are working closely with facilities and following their protocols. Though the Governor has placed restrictions on visitations to facilities, at this time our caregivers are still authorized to enter facilities to provide care.
We value and appreciate the trust our clients place in us to take care of their loved ones. We are prepared to provide safe, quality care to all of the clients and families we serve. We also have the capacity to take on additional new clients. Please contact us if you are in need of caregiving services.
Here are some additional resources for more information: