From our processes to our people, it all starts with what we call our Culture of Care.
- Our Caregivers are carefully screened and selected at standards well above the industry average. All our caregivers are direct employees (no contractors). All are thoroughly screened, background checked and have taken and passed assessments we use evaluate Attitude and Personality. They are all graduates of our Culture of Care Training and Orientation Program, which ensures they have the competencies necessary to provide the type of care and service that meets our Culture of Care standards.
- We are 100% HIPAA compliant: our organization fully complies with laws to protect your rights and privacy regarding your health information.
- We have independent 3rd party Client Satisfaction Survey’s conducted quarterly that provides us with unbiased feedback on our performance.
- We provide access to an Online Client Portal for you and you loved ones, so that you are always informed and able to access details of your care, like weekly schedules, assigned caregiver/s, arrival and departure times and caregiver notes after each visit.
- Our 7 Touches of Service with every client. The Initial Conversation, The In Home Assessment, The Introduction of the Caregiver, Contact After The First Caregiver Visit, Contact after The First Week, Contact after The First Month, and Quarterly In Home Visits from a Care Team Member.
“We strive to help people feel safe, comfortable and cared for, wherever they call home.”
At FirstLight Home Care of Overland Park, our Mission is our “why”. It reminds us of what matters most. It guides us in our decision making and most importantly, it gives us our purpose. Our aim is develop and implement a personalized plan of care for your loved one, so that they feel safe, comfortable and cared for, wherever they call home.
“To be our Clients First Choice in Home Care”
At FirstLight Home Care of Overland Park, our vision is where we aspire to be when we achieve our Mission. It sets a goal for success. It keeps us focused on where we are going and most importantly, it represents the success of our Mission. We will take the time discuss all of your options and answer any questions. We believe in being as open and transparent as possible. Many times our clients needs go beyond our services, so we make an effort to be familiar with our community and a good steward of resources for our clients.
Our Core Values
FirstLight Home Care is built on a solid foundation of core values and dedication to client happiness, peace of mind, and quality of life that supports our Culture of Care—our commitment to service excellence, personal growth, and accountability. These include a set of 6 Core Values that all FirstLight Home Care of Overland Park employees embody.
- Integrity – We are honest. We do the right thing, even when no one is watching
- Personal Responsibility – We take ownership of our actions.
- Accountability – We follow through on what we say. We are reliable and dependable. We are there to do what’s needed, when needed.
- Discipline – We understand that discipline really means self-control.
- Empathy – We know the difference between sympathy and empathy and we choose empathy.
- Compassion – We understand that Compassion is a verb – we take action with Compassion.
The Caregiver Bond
At FirstLight Home Care of Overland Park, our extraordinary caregivers are the most important members of our team. By embracing each day with values of integrity, personal responsibility, accountability, discipline, empathy and compassion, we cultivate new relationships that result in client satisfaction.
Have Questions about our Home Care Services?
Whether you’re just looking for general caregiving information, or need care right away, we can help.
Click Here to Contact Us or call (913) 203-7444.
Watch Ms. Schofield share a special moment with her caregiver, Cherise: