Caring for another person is selfless and quite rewarding. But it also can be a heavy responsibility, whether you’re a family member caring for a loved one or a professional caregiver working with a client.
Oftentimes the stress that comes with being a family caregiver can make it difficult to maintain a positive attitude. Here we share 10 inspirational caregiver quotes to help bring comfort, joy and positivity to all the caregivers out there who may need a little inspiration from time to time.
Do you have a favorite inspirational quote? Comment here or head to the FirstLight Facebook page to join the conversation. And please share this post with a caregiver you know.
1. “From caring comes courage.” — Lao Tzu
2. “The closest thing to being cared for is to care for someone else.” ― Carson McCullers, The Square Root of Wonderful
3. “Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only robs today of its joy.” — Leo Buscaglia, author, professor, motivational speaker
4. “You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the things which you think you cannot do.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
5. “Be determined to handle any challenge in a way that will make you grow.” — Les Brown, motivational speaker, author
6. “Compassion brings us to a stop, and for a moment we rise above ourselves.” — Mason Cooley, writer, aphorist
7. “It is not the load that breaks you down. It’s the way you carry it.” — Lena Horne, singer
8. “Sometimes asking for help is the most meaningful example of self-reliance.”— Unknown
9. “Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.” — Jim Rohn, author, motivational speaker
10. “A good laugh and a long sleep are the two best cures for anything.” — Irish proverb
Next month, look for words of wisdom and inspiring quotes from our own FirstLight caregivers.