If you’ve ever considered a second career, now may be an ideal time to learn more about the career opportunities that are available in professional caregiving.
Many adults who retire from their long-term jobs decide to embark on a second-act career. Caregiving as a second career can be extremely rewarding for individuals from all walks of life and diverse backgrounds.
Caregivers for older adults are in great demand right now, and there are numerous openings for these positions across the nation.
There is no denying the many rewards of caregiving
- It’s fulfilling work
- It provides the opportunity to build meaningful relationships
- You’ll make an impact on the lives of people who need extra support
- It offers flexible schedules
- You don’t need formal caregiving experience
- You’ll bring joy to others
As a care professional with FirstLight Home Care, you get to do something that makes a difference in someone’s life. Our professional caregivers provide safety, comfort and companionship for the elderly and other adults who need support. But we do more than make a meal or help with mobility. We establish meaningful relationships built on trust and respect.
Why you’ll love working for us
- We have a caregivers-first mentality. Caregivers are the heart and soul of our company, and we do what it takes to show appreciation and recognition for their hard work.
- Ongoing support. Our local teams are very involved in the day-to-day of our clients and caregivers. We will be there to offer support any time, day or night.
- Communication is our priority.
- Caregiver training. Comprehensive training is provided in advance, and we’ll match our caregivers with care recipients with which they are compatible.
- Flexible working hours and time off.
- Ongoing education opportunities. We offer a variety of free learning, development and recertification opportunities.
- Fair, competitive pay.
Why you’ll be a great fit as a caregiver
- You are service-minded with a desire to help others have their best day
- It’s your nature to be empathetic, kind and trustworthy
- You are a good listener with excellent communication skills
- Happiness, laughter and having fun are important to you
Caregiving is becoming a more common career choice for people looking for a second career or those who simply want to make a job change. We have seen that the following people make great caregivers:
- Senior citizens
- Those who have retired from a long-term career
- Someone with experience in customer service
- Former restaurant employees
- Military veterans
FirstLight Home Care hires Caregivers, Home Health Aides, CNAs, Care Coordinators, Companion Care and Personal Care Assistants who have integrity, a great capacity for compassion and empathy, and who value a rewarding career. We look for individuals who can help make everyday activities easier for our clients, and who have a genuine desire to enrich the lives of others and make the world a better place!
If caring is your calling and you’re interested in a career with FirstLight Home Care, find open positions with one of our local offices.