Join Our Caregiving Team
This individual will provide non-medical companion care to the client(s) in the client(s)’ residence and outside of the residence as needed. Individuals must be able to deal maturely with the demands of the job and keep client information confidential. The individual must be committed to the concepts, philosophy, and mission of FirstLight Home Care, and possess the desire to assist clients to maximize their independence and reach their fullest potential in their personal residence.
- Supervised by: Client Care Coordinator
- Workers Supervised: N/A
Essential job duties for this position include the following items. Other duties must be performed as assigned or required.
- Follow the established Service Plan/Care Plan to provide general attention to the non-medical needs of clients; assist with instrumental activities of daily living; provide companionship to the client, including acting as a conversationalist and good friend
- Conduct light housekeeping duties such as laundry and linen service, to include washing, ironing, and folding clothes
- Prepare and serve meals and snacks as needed
- Provide shopping service to client(s) to include grocery and clothes shopping
- Provide incidental transportation for the client(s), which can include doctor appointments, and visits to friends, family members, and stores
- Engage in assistance and planning of client’s recreational activities and events
- Remind client(s) to take medications
- Remain in client vicinity at all times during shift and report any unusual incidents and act quickly in cases of emergency
- Document and report changes in the client’s physical condition, behavior, or appearance to Lead Client Care Coordinator
- Document services delivered in accordance with FirstLight Home Care policies/ procedures
- Utilize the FLHC required time management system for Clock-in and Clock-out procedures when reporting for work and when clocking out from work
- Adhere to HIPAA regulations
- Participate as requested in the quality assurance reviews and evaluations of FirstLight’s services
- Stay current with changing technology, including software programs
- Uphold, support, and promote all company policies and procedures
To perform this job successfully, the individual in this position must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skills, abilities, certifications, and educational experience required.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or, one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of housekeeping activities and cooking, with attention to dietary recommendations
- Ability to effectively interact with clients, families, and FirstLight team
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSURE, & REGISTRATION
- State required certifications may be required
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and maintain valid auto insurance
- Ability to read and understand short instructions, correspondence, and memos
- Ability to effectively communicate through written and verbal language
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Ability to evaluate situations and make complex decisions using critical thinking and reasoning
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The work environment is in an office and/or indoors in a resident’s home and may contain a potential exposure to illness and/or body fluids. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Find Career Opportunities Near You
Benefits and opportunities may vary between franchise locations.