Older Americans, it’s time to celebrate your age!
May is Older American’s Month and this year, the Administration for Community Living (ACL) wants to celebrate what getting older looks like today. The theme, Age Out Loud, gives a new voice to older American adults who are working longer, trying new things, and engaging in their communities. They’re taking charge, striving for wellness, focusing on independence, and advocating for themselves and others.
At FirstLight Home Care we take pride in celebrating Older American’s Month and the fact that we are all getting older. Actually, we celebrate aging every day. For us, our caregivers, and the amazing families we support, we celebrate aging by allowing it to be a time for curiosity, exploration and an opportunity to do the things we could only dream about in our younger days.
Here are a few ways you can celebrate growing older and Older American’s Month:
- Celebrate by stop worrying about what other people think
- Celebrate by making every day count
- Celebrate by not taking yourself so seriously
- Celebrate by forgiving everyone, everything
- Celebrate by being busy and do things you love
- Celebrate by getting up, getting dressed, and showing up
- Celebrate by enjoying life
- Celebrate by learning a new hobby
- Celebrate by spending time with those you love
- Celebrate by doing something physical
- Celebrate by making peace with your past
- Celebrate by doing something you’ve always wanted to do
- Celebrate by volunteering
- Celebrate by eating better
- Celebrate by asking for help
- Celebrate by working – not every retirement looks the same
- Celebrate by living in the moment
How do you celebrate growing older and Older American’s Month? Join in the conversation on Facebook as we celebrate Older American’s Month throughout the month.