Human Resource Generalist
Join Our Caregiving Team
This individual will maintain and enhance the organization’s human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices.
- Supervised by: Administrator
- Workers Supervised: Receptionist
Essential job duties include the following items. Other duties must be performed as assigned or required.
- Understand and adhere to established FirstLight policies and procedures. Maintain the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions
- Maintain organization staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counsel managers on candidate selection; conduct and analyze exit interviews; recommend internal changes, etc.
- Prepare employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs
- Maintain a salary plan by conducting periodic salary surveys; scheduling/conducting job evaluations; preparing salary surveys; conducting job evaluations; preparing salary budgets; monitoring/scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions
- Ensure planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by the supervisor to coach and discipline employees; schedule management conferences with employees; receive and resolve employee grievances; counsel employees and supervisors
- Maintain employee benefits programs by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; designing and conducting communication/educational procedures on benefit programs
- Ensure compliance and adherence to federal, state, and local regulations and requirements by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource policies and procedures; conduct investigations; maintain records, and represent the organization at hearings, if applicable. Maintain historical human resource records by designing a filing system
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; and participating in professional societies
- Perform orientation and training
- Participate as requested in the quality assurance reviews and evaluations of the agency’s services
- Organize and implement the employee performance assessment process
- Stay current with changing technology, including software programs
- Uphold, support, and promote all company policies and procedures
To perform this job successfully, the individual in this position must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skills, and ability required.
- Associate degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred, and one (1) to three (3) years related HR compliance and management experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office or Google Suite required
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSURE, & REGISTRATION
- PHR or SHRM-CP- preferred
- Ability to read and understand short instructions, correspondence, and memos
- Ability to effectively communicate through written and verbal language
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Demonstrated ability in or application of organizational/communication skills
- Ability to deal effectively with high levels of stress.
- Ability to enlist the cooperation of many people in furthering a program
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The work environment is in an office and/or indoors in a resident’s home and may contain a potential exposure to illness and/or body fluids. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Find Career Opportunities Near You
Benefits and opportunities may vary between franchise locations.