Join Our Caregiving Team
This individual will be responsible for coordinating and maintaining schedules for FirstLight Home Care clients and staff.
- Supervised by: Administrator
- Workers Supervised: N/A
Essential job duties for this position include the following items. Other duties must be performed as assigned or required.
- Understand and adhere to established FirstLight Home Care policies and procedures
- Schedule client appointments/visits according to Service Plan/Care Plans and staff availability
- Maintain proper staffing levels to ensure proper coverage for all clients
- Enter scheduling data, create and release weekly schedule for all assigned caregivers
- Maintain call-in, retention and staff and client statistic reports
- Contact care providers and clients regarding day-to-day changes
- Discern client services required as outlined in agreements, urgent requests and care plans
- Enter staff and client information into a database
- Maintain staff and client database (i.e. employee assessments, dates and reminders of TB, client admission, client hospital admission and discharge)
- Perform general office duties including but not limited to word processing, photocopies, files, shreds, sort/distribute mail, provide reception coverage, telephone services, etc.
- Take calls after hours and weekends to handle emergencies, scheduling issues, and client referrals/intakes
- Work toward continuous quality improvement
- Stay current with changing technology, including software programs
- Uphold, support, and promote all company policies and procedures
- Adhere to all HIPAA regulations
To perform this job successfully, the individual in this position must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skills, abilities, certifications, and educational experience required.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one (1) to two (2) years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite and or Google Suite and scheduling software required
- Working knowledge of basic medical terminology required
- CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSURE, & REGISTRATION
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and maintain valid auto insurance
- LANGUAGE SKILLS
- Ability to read and understand short instructions, correspondence, and memos
- Ability to effectively communicate through written and verbal language
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- REASONING ABILITIES
- Ability to evaluate situations and make complex decisions using critical thinking and reasoning
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The work environment is in an office and/or indoors in a resident’s home and may contain a potential exposure to illness and/or body fluids. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.