Rehabilitation & Recovery Care
FirstLight’s rehabilitation and recovery care services help individuals gain confidence and independence while recuperating or transitioning from one care setting to another.
We understand that in-home rehabilitation and recovery care services are an important step in helping seniors and other adults get well and stay well.
Individuals often need extra support while recovering from surgery, an injury, or exacerbation of a chronic illness. Additionally, when a loved one is discharged from a hospital, rehabilitation center or skilled nursing facility, they may need help readjusting to their daily routine at home.
FirstLight’s professional caregivers allow clients to achieve the best possible health outcomes while reducing the risk of a hospital readmission. Our customized care plans promote long-term wellness and help with the essentials that promote a smooth recovery.
In-home recovery and rehabilitation services include:
- Transportation from the hospital, rehabilitation center or skilled nursing facility, as well as to and from follow-up appointments
- Picking up prescriptions and providing medication reminders
- Walking and mobility assistance
- Assistance with performing prescribed exercise therapy
- Basic housekeeping and laundry
- Meal preparation
- Personal hygiene assistance
- Observing for any changes in well-being
Find Rehabilitation & Recovery Care Services Near You
Exact services may vary by location.
Please contact your local FirstLight office to discuss which services are available.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is rehabilitation and recovery care?
Can caregivers perform dressing changes and other wound therapies?