Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
FirstLight Home Care is Open and Ready to Serve
To our Clients, Families, Caregivers and Home Care Partners:
We value and appreciate the trust you place in us to take care of you and your loved ones.
Home care is essential, especially now. Please know that FirstLight® Home Care is still here and we remain available to serve you.
Regardless of any situation, the safety and well-being of our caregivers and clients is our top priority. That’s why we’ve taken extra care to provide our team with the most up-to-date safety information and training to keep everyone protected and healthy during this time.
Here are the steps we continue taking to keep everyone safe:
- As a standard practice, we have an infection control plan in place. Our infection control practices conform to OSHA regulations, CDC guidelines, the Accreditation Commission for Health Care Standards and state and local regulations. Our response plans may adjust due to recommendations from these organizations.
- We also have personal protective equipment (PPE) policies and procedures in place to ensure the proper use of gloves, masks, face shields, goggles and gowns when necessary.
- Communication with our caregivers is ongoing. Team members continue to self-monitor daily for COVID-19 symptoms. They report any signs/symptoms to us and follow established protocol regarding staying home when sick.
- Many of our clients are especially at risk, given they are older adults or have underlying health issues. We are vigilant about our need to help protect these individuals from illness be it the flu, COVID-19, or any other communicable disease. These measures are not new to us as we seek to minimize risk regularly for our clients, regardless of an outbreak such as this new coronavirus.
Here are the steps you can take to continue protecting yourself and your family:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick, even inside your home. If possible, maintain 6 feet (about 2 arms’ length) between the person who is sick and other household members.
- Put 6 feet of distance between yourself and other people outside of your home as some people without symptoms may be able to spread the virus.
- Everyone should wear a cloth face cover in public settings and when around people who don’t live in your household, especially when other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain.
- People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. Be alert for signs such as fever, cough, shortness of breath and these other symptoms of COVID-19.
The coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic may be stressful for family caregivers. Fear and anxiety about a new disease and what could happen can be overwhelming. For tips and strategies on how to accept and deal with stress while caregiving, download our free Family Caregiver Stress Solutions Guide.
If you have any questions, please contact your local FirstLight Home Care office. We take great pride in our strong network of local owners across the country who are committed to assisting you every step of the way. We are grateful for the opportunity to serve you.
Thank you for placing your trust in FirstLight Home Care.
CEO and Co-Founder,
FirstLight Home Care Franchising, LLC
For additional information and the latest updates, please visit: