Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
FirstLight Home Care is Open and Ready to Serve
To our Clients, Families, Caregivers and Home Care Partners:
We value and appreciate the trust you place in us to take care of you and your loved ones.
Home care is essential, especially now. Please know that FirstLight® Home Care is still here and we remain available to serve you.
Regardless of any situation, the safety and well-being of our caregivers and clients is our top priority. That’s why we’ve taken extra care to provide our team with the most up-to-date safety information and training to keep everyone protected and healthy during this time.
Here are the steps we continue taking to keep everyone safe:
- As a standard practice, we have an infection control plan in place. We will continue to follow it as this situation evolves or update it accordingly. Our infection control practices conform to OSHA regulations, CDC guidelines, the Accreditation Commission for Health Care Standards and state and local regulations. Our response plans may adjust due to recommendations from these organizations.
- Communication with our caregivers is ongoing. Team members continue to self-monitor daily for COVID-19 symptoms. They report any signs/symptoms to us and follow established protocol regarding staying home when sick.
- We believe that home remains the safest place for the individuals in our care, as indications show that the virus is spread more quickly in large group settings. Possible exposure will remain the lowest for those who are able to stay in their homes with limited outside contact. For this reason, we feel fortunate to be able to provide care that can keep people at home or with limited exposure in group settings through personalized care and support.
- For clients we serve who reside in facilities or other group-type living situations, we work closely with the facility on any protocols, exchange of information or other guidelines as necessary.
- Many of our clients are especially at risk, given they are older adults or have underlying health issues. We are vigilant about our need to help protect these individuals from illness be it the flu, COVID-19, or any other communicable disease. These measures are not new to us as we seek to minimize risk regularly for our clients, regardless of an outbreak such as this new coronavirus.
- At all times, regardless of a viral outbreak or other situation, we strongly recommend that our clients and families have alternative arrangements for the provisions of care in the event we are unable to provide services. We encourage our families to consider putting into place back-up plans now, as the severity of the spread of this illness and planned interventions is still uncertain.
Here are the steps you can take to continue protecting yourself and your family:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick. Stay at home and away from others if you are feeling ill.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands. If no tissue is available, use the crook of your elbow. Never sneeze or cough directly into your hand.
- Clean and disinfect objects and surfaces.
- Eat well, drink lots of water and get plenty of rest to help strengthen your immune system.
- Have a family emergency preparedness plan that includes care coverage and back-up support, if possible.
- Practice social consciousness by distancing yourself from others, especially if you have underlying conditions that put you at a high risk of getting sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face cover when you have to go out in public as you could spread COVID-19 to others even if you do not feel sick. The cloth face cover is meant to protect other people in case you are infected.
If you have any questions, please contact your local FirstLight Home Care office. We take great pride in our strong network of local owners across the country who are committed to assisting you every step of the way. We are grateful for the opportunity to serve you.
Thank you for placing your trust in FirstLight Home Care.
CEO and Co-Founder,
FirstLight Home Care Franchising, LLC
For additional information and the latest updates, please visit: